Mature audiences only

OnePlusYou Quizzes and Widgets

You have no doubt seen or heard the commercials: "Where does depression hurt? EVERYWHERE. Who does depression hurt? EVERYONE." Mental illnesses can consume you, take over your entire life and hurt everyone around you if you let it. I am no exception.

My life feels like I am stuck riding on a rollercoaster in the middle of a hurricane. I have ups and downs, and I have left a path of destruction in my wake. My sanity dangles on a tiny fragile string, and through this blog I am giving the world a look into my broken mind and my unstable life.

In the end, I am just a girl trying to maintain my sanity in a candy-coated world of misery. Here you'll get a glimpse at just how true those commercials are. Keep your arms and legs inside the blog at all times, hold on tight, and prepare yourself for a very bumpy ride ...

Feel free to comment here on the blog or email me at bpdokc@yahoo.com.

Friday, March 11, 2011

Talking Heads

Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays.

1. Psycho Killer: What has kept you from a restful night’s sleep recently?
The other night I had a horrible nightmare about my ex-husband. It was horror movie-ish.... very scary .... very bloody

2. Life During Wartime: Where was the last nightclub or disco you went to?
Honestly I can't even remember

3. Take Me To The River: When was the last time you took a dip in the water?
It's been way too long since I went swimming. I need to go visit a hotel with an indoor pool

4. Found A Job: What is your favorite TV
spin off s
how of all time?
I would have to say "Young Americans," which was a little-known spin off from "Dawson's Creek" back in 2000. There were only 10 episodes, but it packed a lot of stuff into those 10 episodes. It starred a young Ian Somerhalder, Kate Bosworth, and Katherine Moennig, among others. Somerhalder and Moennig's characters were my favorites. Moennig played a teenage girl who was pretending to be a boy at a private school. As a boy, she became friends with Somerhalder's character. She fell in love with him, and he started to like who he thought was a boy. When she revealed to him that "he" was really a she, they started acting like a normal couple (in private). Man, I miss that show

5. Once In A Lifetime: Are you happy with your choices of car, house and spouse/no spouse?
I'm not really happy right now

6. This Must Be The Place: Who has a face with a view?
Ian Somerhalder

7. Girlfriend Is Better: What is the shortest date or relationship you have ever had?
The majority of my relationships only last a month or less

8. Swamp: Where was the last homeless person you saw and what was he/she doing?
I see homeless people begging for money on the street corners all the time. I hate that

9. Road To Nowhere: When was the last time you took a day trip or a road trip?
I drove across the state to my mom's house for Christmas

10. And She Was: Are you keeping up with the world? What piece of modern technology do you still need to own/use?
Unfortunately being a journalist, I sort of have to keep up with the world. I sort of want an iPad, but I don't think I will ever buy one

11. Wild Wild Life: When was the last time you stayed at a motel/hotel and what town were you in?
It's been many years. I think it was one in Wichita, Kansas

12. Nothing But Flowers: What would you miss if nature grew back over malls and concrete?
I can't think of anything I'd really miss

13. Building On Fire: Define love.
I always go with the Biblical definition: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." ~ 1 Corinthians 13


3 comments:

middle child said...

#13 - Perfect response.

DJ KathyA said...

Nice answers. Sorry you are not happy right now. Things will turn around...life is a balance. I remember one month relationship cycles...not as bad as it seems, but can be tiring. : ) Hope you are back on your feet soon. Have a great weekend.

Ria said...

Intersting answers. hoping you feel more up soon.

Bloggapedia, Blog Directory - Find It!Blog Flux Directory

Society Blog Directory


bipolar planetPowered By Ringsurf